*** $10,000 Sign On Bonus and $4,000 Relocation Assistance Bonus ***
Apply now and join our progressive team as an Outpatient Pharmacist - we are transforming patient care! Join us on this exciting journey and become part of a team that embraces innovation, collaboration, and excellence in pharmaceutical care.
Kingman Regional Medical Center (KRMC) is located in beautiful northwest Arizona. Experience the magic of Kingman's stunning Arizona sunsets and thrive in an outdoor enthusiast's dream destination with picturesque mountain ranges, nearby lakes, vibrant parks, and plenty of outdoor activity. Kingman is an incredible community to live, work, and play!
Position Purpose: Responsible for dispensing prescriptions and monitoring patient drug therapy in accordance with all applicable regulations and standards. This responsibility includes activities inclusive of, but not limited to medication order/prescription dispensing, compounding, monitoring of patient medication therapies, counseling patients, documenting interventions, providing drug information and supervising support personnel.
The Department: Kingman Regional Medical Center (KRMC) is the sole community hospital. Our department encompasses over 60 employees to serve our population’s health. These are exciting, busy times in our Pharmacy as we provide a full suite of pharmacy care services from acute care and transitions into emergency services, ambulatory, home, and telehealth care areas. A solid infrastructure to support our pharmacy services is in place, with our current focus to optimize and integrate our services. These service focus areas include: Inpatient, Emergency Department pharmacist direct patient care, Care Transitions – medication reconciliation/meds to beds before hospital discharge, outpatient and specialty pharmacy drug distribution, 340B Program and financial integrity expansion, oncology clinical model expansion including oral chemotherapy and pharmacogenomics, PGY-1 Pharmacy Residency Program, Stewardship-Antimicrobial and Opioid, and expansion of our pharmacist collaborative practice model Disease Management Clinic. All our endeavors strive to provide the best possible pharmaceutical care to meet the needs of our community and organization. Here’s a link to a few documents for your review regarding our department and services.
Benefits: We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits, and growth opportunities. We invest in you!
- Exceptional Colleagues
- Join us and you'll be a part of a culture where we support each other and celebrate what makes each of us a special person as we work together with integrity, compassion, teamwork, respect, and accountability
- Our leaders demonstrate their commitment by gathering feedback, supporting, and empowering team members to do their best work through regular leadership rounding
- Health and Well-Being
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Employer Paid HSA for HDHP participants, Robust Wellness and Employee Assistance Program, Employer Paid Group Life, Short & Long-Term Disability
- Generous Paid Leave Accruals and Cash Out Opportunities
- 403b Retirement Plan with Employer Contributions
- Employee Recognition Programs, Employee Discounts, and Employee Referral Bonus Program
- Employee Identity Theft Protection
- On-site daycare exclusive to our employees’ children of all ages
- Employer Paid Employee Wellness Center Membership with fitness classes, personal training, indoor pool, racquetball, and basketball courts
- Career Growth and Development
- Paid Continuing Education Conferences/Meetings
- Tuition Reimbursement/Scholarships for full-time employees
- As a not-for-profit organization, our employees who have qualified student loans may be eligible for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness program
- So much more!
Hours/Shift: Full Time/Rotating
- Performs a wide range of functions that include preparation and dispensing prescriptions in the outpatient pharmacy setting such as medication order preparation/prescription dispensing, compounding, monitoring of patient medication therapies, counseling patients, documenting interventions, providing drug information, and supervising support personnel.
- Advises/consults with patients, families, and other healthcare professionals, providing excellent customer service.
- Maintain strict confidentiality of information, complies with HIPAA.
- Communicate with third party payers to determine eligibility and obtain prior authorization.
- Assist with purchasing activities and maintenance of adequate inventory level.
- Maintain the prescription area in an orderly and sanitary manner. Inspect medication areas for outdated medications, proper storage of medications, proper medication administration records and availability of reference materials.
- In the absence of a pharmacy supervisor or manager, a staff pharmacist may be required to assume the essential responsibilities and perform the duties of the pharmacy supervisor/manager.
- Education: Graduate of an ACPE-accredited School of Pharmacy with a minimum of a Bachelor of Science in Pharmacy
- Licensure: Currently licensed in the State of Arizona preferred, will consider candidate eligible for AZ Licensure
- Pharmaicst I: Prior pharmacist experience in retail environment
- Pharmacist II: Retail pharmacy experience of at least 5 years or ASHP accredited Community-Base Pharmacy Residency Program
Work Requirements: Must be able to distinguish color, sit approximately 37% of the time; stand 30%; walk 33%, and carry/lift 25 -75 pounds; Duties have possible, but not routine, potential for exposure to blood, body fluids or tissues, and exposure to chemicals, biological, and radioactive substances
About Us: Kingman Regional Medical Center (KRMC) is the largest healthcare provider and the only remaining not-for-profit hospital in Mohave County, Arizona. As a 235-bed multi-campus healthcare system, our medical center includes more than 1,900 employees, 270 physicians/allied health professionals, and 150 volunteers. KRMC is recognized as an innovator in rural healthcare, a teaching hospital, and a member of the Mayo Clinic Care Network. We provide a full continuum of highly technical and specialized medical services to meet the healthcare needs of our community. Year after year the Leapfrog Group has awarded KRMC an "A" Grade for Patient Safety. We strive to provide a culture of safety, integrity, teamwork, accountability, respect and appreciation through recognition, career growth, and employee celebrations throughout the year for all of our staff. Kingman Regional Medical Center is a great place to work, come join our team!
*Sign-On Bonus only available to candidates who have not been employed with us within the last 12 months*