This job is archived
The Pharmacy Technician, under the supervision of the Pharmacy Services Director, Lead Pharmacy Technician and Pharmacists, shall assist in carrying out all Pharmacy policies and procedures, in the preparation and distribution of medication, and in the accurate recording of patient information, drug information and cost/charge information in accordance with the State and Federal laws regulating such personnel.
- High school graduate or equivalent
- Graduate of accredited technical school and current Pharmacy Technician certification is preferred
- Pharmacy Technician Certification is required within 1 year of hire
- Previous experience as a Pharmacy Technician with a minimum of one year experience is preferred
- Ability to read, write and communicate effectively in English
- Ability to understand policies, procedures, and technical direction
- Ability to present information and respond to questions from co-workers, patients or families as well as the general public
- Ability to do simple arithmetical calculations, and understand the metric system and conversions of measurement
- Ability to understand drug preparation and drug dispensing problems, and make reasonable and accurate decisions
- Ability to prepare lists, reports, memos, etc.