*** $10,000 Sign On Bonus and $4,000 Relocation Assistance Bonus ***
Are you a passionate and dedicated pharmacist seeking a challenging opportunity to deliver exceptional patient care? Look no further! Join our team with an award-winning healthcare system and one of the most progressive healthcare centers in our region.
Kingman Regional Medical Center (KRMC) is located in beautiful northwest Arizona. Experience the magic of Kingman's stunning Arizona sunsets and thrive in an outdoor enthusiast's dream destination with picturesque mountain ranges, nearby lakes, vibrant parks, and plenty of outdoor activity. Kingman is an incredible community to live, work, and play!
Position Purpose: Interprets physician prescriptions and medication orders. Acts as a drug information resource to patients, medical staff, nursing staff and other department personnel. Compounds and dispenses prescribed medications and other pharmaceuticals for patient care by performing the related duties. Supervise, coordinate, and participate in pharmaceutical services related to the preparation and dispensing of drugs and other pharmaceutical supplies. Staff pharmacists supervise and direct support personnel.
The Department: Kingman Regional Medical Center (KRMC) is the sole community hospital. Our department encompasses over 60 employees to serve our population’s health. These are exciting, busy times in our Pharmacy as we provide a full suite of pharmacy care services from acute care and transitions into emergency services, ambulatory, home, and telehealth care areas. A solid infrastructure to support our pharmacy services is in place, with our current focus to optimize and integrate our services. These service focus areas include: Inpatient, Emergency Department pharmacist direct patient care, Care Transitions – medication reconciliation/meds to beds before hospital discharge, outpatient and specialty pharmacy drug distribution, 340B Program and financial integrity expansion, oncology clinical model expansion including oral chemotherapy and pharmacogenomics, PGY-1 Pharmacy Residency Program, Stewardship-Antimicrobial and Opioid, and expansion of our pharmacist collaborative practice model Disease Management Clinic. All our endeavors strive to provide the best possible pharmaceutical care to meet the needs of our community and organization. Here’s a link to a few documents for your review regarding our department and services.
Benefits: We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits, and growth opportunities. We invest in you!
- Exceptional Colleagues
- Join us and you'll be a part of a culture where we support each other and celebrate what makes each of us a special person as we work together with integrity, compassion, teamwork, respect, and accountability
- Our leaders demonstrate their commitment by gathering feedback, supporting, and empowering team members to do their best work through regular leadership rounding
- Health and Well-Being
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Employer Paid HSA for HDHP participants, Robust Wellness and Employee Assistance Program, Employer Paid Group Life, Short & Long-Term Disability
- Generous Retirement Leave Accruals and Cash Out Opportunities
- 403b Retirement Plan with Employer Contributions
- Employee Recognition Programs, Employee Discounts, and Employee Referral Bonus Program
- Employee Identity Theft Protection
- On-site daycare exclusive to our employees’ children of all ages
- Employer Paid Employee Wellness Center Membership with fitness classes, personal training, indoor pool, racquetball, and basketball courts
- Career Growth and Development
- Paid Continuing Education Conferences/Meetings
- Tuition Reimbursement/Scholarships for full-time employees
- As a not-for-profit organization, our employees who have qualified student loans may be eligible for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness program
- So much more!
Hours/Shift: Full Time/Rotating
- Supervises, coordinates, and participates in the preparation, labeling and dispensing of drugs and other pharmaceutical supplies; ensure compliance with Federal, State and local laws and regulations pertaining to the dispensing of drugs and narcotics and maintenance of all required records.
- Plan and schedule work for the shift group ensuring proper distribution of assignments and adequate manning, space and facilities for subsequent performance of duties. Train new personnel and assist in staff and patient education programs/activities.
- Compile charges for prescriptions filled; maintain accountability and cost records on drugs and pharmaceutical supplies prepared and dispensed.
- Maintain interface with medical staff to provide information pertaining to new pharmaceutical supplies, formulary, drug usage and compatibility and new regulations regarding drug controls.
- Compound, package and label ointments, solutions and bulk pharmaceutical supplies according to standard formulas; mix prescribed drugs with intravenous solutions as required.
- Maintain and support the hospital formulary and inventory, reorder and stock drugs and supplies as required.
- Perform related distributive and clinical duties.
- Education: Graduate of an ACPE-accredited School of Pharmacy with a Bachelor of Science Pharmacy or Pharmacy Doctorate Degree
- Licensure: Currently licensed in the State of Arizona preferred, will consider candidate eligible for AZ Licensure
- Pharmaicst I: Pharmacy acute care student rotations or experience required
- Pharmacist II: ASHP accredited Pharmacy Residence Program OR BCPS certification OR 2+ years clinical management experience (i.e. Clinical Coordinator, Supervisor, Manager)
Work Requirements: Must be able to distinguish color, sit approximately 37% of the time; stand 30%; walk 33%, and carry/lift 25 -75 pounds; Duties have possible, but not routine, potential for exposure to blood, body fluids or tissues, and exposure to chemicals, biological, and radioactive substances
About Us: Kingman Regional Medical Center (KRMC) is the largest healthcare provider and the only remaining not-for-profit hospital in Mohave County, Arizona. As a 235-bed multi-campus healthcare system, our medical center includes more than 1,900 employees, 270 physicians/allied health professionals, and 150 volunteers. KRMC is recognized as an innovator in rural healthcare, a teaching hospital, and a member of the Mayo Clinic Care Network. We provide a full continuum of highly technical and specialized medical services to meet the healthcare needs of our community. Year after year the Leapfrog Group has awarded KRMC an "A" Grade for Patient Safety. We strive to provide a culture of safety, integrity, teamwork, accountability, respect and appreciation through recognition, career growth, and employee celebrations throughout the year for all of our staff. Kingman Regional Medical Center is a great place to work, come join our team!