This job is archived
STG International (STGi) is currently seeking a Clinical Pharmacy Specialist (CPS) to provide services at our Community Based Outpatient Clinic.
The clinic operates Monday – Friday during normal business hours.
The incumbent will serve as a clinical pharmacist specializing in drug monitoring and management of therapy, with emphasis on diabetes, hypertension, and dyslipidemia. The CPS is an integral part of the team that is assigned to a panel of patients to support continuity of care. The incumbent provides coordination and provision of clinical pharmacy services to the patients and staff at the clinic.
The clinical pharmacy specialist (CPS) functions at the highest level of clinical practice, works independently under their scope of practice as defined by the individual medical center to directly care for patients. A CPS plays a defined role in budgetary execution and serves as a mid-level provider who functions to initiate, modify or discontinue medication therapy and as a consultant for intensive medication therapy management services. This includes, but is not limited to, the following: designing, implementing, assessing, monitoring and documenting therapeutic plans utilizing the most effective, least toxic and most economical medication treatments; helping achieve positive patient centric outcomes through direct and indirect interactions with patients, providers, and interdisciplinary teams in assigned areas; performing physical assessments; and ordering laboratory and other tests to help determine efficacy and toxicity of medication therapy.Required Skills
- Graduate of an accredited doctorate program in the field of pharmacology (Pharm.D), preferably with an accredited Ambulatory Care residency, or other equivalent experience demonstrating competency. Graduate of an Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE) accredited College or School of Pharmacy with a baccalaureate degree in pharmacy (BS Pharmacy) and/or a Doctor of Pharmacy (Pharm.D.) degree.
- Current PA state unrestricted license as a Clinical Pharmacist. Must comply with all state requirements and regulations.
- Retain current Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)/ Basic Life Support (BLS).
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing to persuade and influence clinical and management decisions.
- Expert understanding of regulatory and quality standards for their program area.
- Ability to solve problems, coordinate and organize responsibilities to maximize outcomes in their program area or area of clinical expertise.
- Expert knowledge of a specialized area of clinical pharmacy practice or specialty area of pharmacy.
- Advanced skill in monitoring and assessing the outcome of drug therapies, including physical assessment and interpretation of laboratory and other diagnostic parameters.
- Minimum of one (1) year of full-time experience within the past three (3) years as a provider in a related area of clinical pharmacology.
- Previous experience managing pharmaceutical care to patients in the outpatient setting is preferred.
STG International, Inc (STGi) is a workforce solutions company providing comprehensive healthcare delivery, Head Start and management consulting services and human capital solutions help our clients. Our services and solutions help our clients sustain and enhance their operations to better accomplish their mission.
STGi offers a competitive benefits package which includes Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k with company match and a generous PTO policy.
EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/DisabilityJob Location Uniontown, Pennsylvania, United States Position Type Full-Time/Regular